To Apply, we kindly ask For the following:
- A completed application form
- A written statement from the athlete describing their commitment to the sport
- Demonstration of financial need (please include one or more of the following):
- Financial assistance documents from the Town of Greenwich or your town of residence. (Eligibility for Free/Reduced School Lunch Programs or Greenwich Community Properties)
- Tax returns from the past two years
- Information about other exceptional circumstances
Supporting materials should be submitted to the FOGC Treasurer at firstname.lastname@example.org during registration.
General Terms and Conditions:
- We encourage parents and families to actively support their athlete by volunteering and / or attending regattas when possible
- Recipients are required to demonstrate financial need each year
- Awards are not guaranteed from year to year
- Regatta fees, food fees, uniforms, and travel expenses are not included
- Scholarships are granted at the discretion of the FOGC Scholarship Committee and are subject to forfeiture should the athlete be in violation of any Greenwich Crew Policy
- Applications and supporting materials are held in the strictest of confidence and will be viewed only by the FOGC Scholarship Committee
- A hard copy of the scholarship application can be found here.
Friends of Greenwich Crew (FOGC) is committed to making the sport of rowing accessible to all student-athletes regardless of background or ability.
Scholarship applications are reviewed by the FOGC Scholarship Committee at the start of each registration period. Scholarships are granted on an annual basis and cover the fall, winter, and spring rowing seasons. Awards will be granted on a sliding scale that range from 25% - 100% of registration fees only. FOGC’s ability to grant scholarships is limited by the scholarship funds available and therefore each scholarship award is thoughtfully considered.
While your application is under review, please select the “Pay by Check” option during the registration process. Additional details will be provided after your application has been reviewed.
Please note: specific information about any application will be made available only to the the FOGC Scholarship committee. The committee is made up of the FOGC Treasurer, FOGC President, (1) FOGC Board Member and an Independent Member.